In this area of the website, information can be found on specific consultations, and how to respond to these.
Public consultation: how the Commissioner will enforce compliance with standards in relation to the Welsh language
This consultation was open from 15 September 2014 to 10 November 2014.
The draft enforcement policy provides advice and information on how the Commissioner intends to enforce compliance with standards in relation to the Welsh language. It explains how the Commissioner will deal with suspected failures to comply and what action will most likely be taken under different circumstances. It also provides information about the principles and processes the Commissioner will follow when undertaking its enforcement work.
The consultation gave the Commissioner the opportunity to gather views in relation to its enforcement work. In considering those opinions the Commissioner was able to refine the policy in order to ensure that the regulatory arrangements are of the highest order.
The Consultation Questions:
1. Is the purpose of the draft Enforcement Policy clear enough?
2. Do you agree with the regulation principles which are noted in the draft Enforcement Policy?
3. Do you agree with the method the draft Enforcement Policy envisages using to deal with complaints and alleged failures to comply with a standard?
4. Are the criteria in the draft Enforcement Policy, which the Commissioner will follow when making enforcement decisions, clear enough?
5. Do you agree with what the draft Enforcement Policy says about the way the Commissioner envisages using her enforcement and penal powers?
6. Is the explanation of various terms and phrases used in the draft Enforcement Policy clear enough?
7. Any additional comments.
Round 2 of the Welsh Language Commissioner’s Standards Investigations: Gathering public opinion
This consultation seeks the public’s views on what they feel is reasonable for these
organizations to do and deliver in Welsh. Further information on the process of gathering evidence from the public can be found here
Start of consultation: 17 November 2014
End of consultation: 6 February 2015
How to respond
Please submit your comments by completing an online questionnaire by 6 February 2015. Please click here
to complete the online questionnaire.
Contact the Commissioner to receive the questionnaire in other formats, eg large print.
0845 6033 221